What makes a gated community a crowd-drawer? The mere idea of gates, fences, and walls surrounding this community already hints at heightened security. Everything beyond these barriers stays out while you have the option to come and go as you please.
There are other virtues linked to making the shift from gateless to gated apart from security. Let’s look at these in detail:
- Gate guards and surveillance cameras. These come part and parcel with the security aspect of living in a gated community. Most, if not all, gated communities would have guards stationed at every entrance. In the more affluent communities, you will even find guards patrolling the grounds and/or manning the electronic security controls. These are your first line of defense vs. unscrupulous elements that may be lurking beyond those walls.
- Private space. How nice would it be to enjoy afternoon tea in your home’s patio without ever worrying about anyone from the outside world barging in to disturb your private space. This is why you may find political or entertainment personalities among your neighbors – this is their refuge from the public eye.
- Special amenities. When you live in a gated community, it’s like living in a world all your own. You get some of the best amenities from the outside world inside your area so there’s little need to go out. Love playing golf? You don’t have to go to the nearest golf course – the golf course will come to you. Your community may even have its own swimming pool and tennis courts so you can enjoy an active lifestyle within its confines.
- Community spirit. What’s even better than living in a community where the vicinity is safe and the amenities are amazing? Living in a community where you’ll find like-minded people with similar interests and principles. The people that make up a gated community are tightly knit because of this. Community-coordinated events are also a-plenty here, thus serving as venues for more bonding among neighbors.
- Higher property value. There may be a bigger investment in this kind of property. Plus, the homeowners’ association fees may be higher than what you’re used to. However, everything balances out because of the higher value placed on properties like this. Known for the quality of materials and outstanding upkeep, homes in a gated community command more buyer attention in online listings and allow for generous profits during resale.
- Protection for children. If you have kids, this will be the perk that will make you happy about your decision to move to a gated community. A residential area sans protective walls and gates may pose serious dangers like speeding vehicles and dubious strangers. These risks are mitigated in a gated community as children can move around and play at the local community park.
- Cleaner environment. Without the typical noise and smog from the world outside a gated community’s walls, you’re assured of a much cleaner area with less pollution. Plus, the HOA’s facility maintenance and homeowners’ own initiatives to keep the area of their respective abodes well-kept translate to a place that pleases all your senses.
Now that you’ve learned the basics of living in a gated community, the next step is to find your own home in the finest gated communities of La Quinta, CA. Just reach out to me, Kathleen O’Keefe Galigher, at 760.567.7822 or try send me a message here. Let’s get you a great home soon!