Let’s talk about virtual tours. What exactly are they and why should people in real estate—from property developers and agents to individual home sellers—invest in them?
In simple terms, virtual tours are simulations where a viewer may see and experience a place without having to actually be there. And because of the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s becoming even more popular as more people buy or sell homes remotely.
A virtual tour of homes for sale is a great way to get your property recognized in the local real estate market. It’s because it removes the need for buyers to go out and make time to visit homes especially during these times. Scroll down to explore some of the top advantages that virtual home tours can give you.
- Stand out from the rest of the competitive crowd. It’s only a matter of time until everybody in the industry includes virtual tours in their marketing strategies. While it’s still relatively early, take the chance to be one of the early adaptors to attract enthusiastic home buyers and sell your home faster.
- The viewer has control. This is something all potential home buyers want: the ability to navigate homes on their own and do it all over again if they have to. With a virtual home tour, they can even e-visit your listing multiple times. This way, they get a full sense of the property before deciding to move on or proceed to the next steps.
- To invest time is to save time. Virtual home tours help you filter your buyers in the most productive way possible. Those who are highly interested—being that they already know how your home looks—will most likely still contact you if they end up loving it.
- Virtual tours are very cost effective. There are plugins that aren’t too expensive. Most of them are easy to use and have detailed tutorials for those who aren’t very tech-savvy. More importantly, virtual tours aren’t just for showing your property. You can use it as a platform to engage with interested buyers from different parts of the country, even the world. You won’t be hindered by geographical boundaries unlike more traditional ways of marketing.
- Increase your website or social media traffic. It’s always a good thing when somebody shares your content. If a virtual home tour is well-made and informative, people have more reason to share it to potential buyers they know, allowing your property to generate more interest.
Show off your Home with a Virtual Tour
Take a chance. Try creating a virtual home tour for your property. With the right tools and your best effort, this medium can definitely increase buyers’ awareness of your listing, boosting your chances of selling your home fast and for a good price.
I would love to help you make an engaging and interactive virtual home tour. Contact me, Kathleen O’Keefe Galigher, today at 760.567.7822 or send me an email at okeefe(dotted)kathleen(at)gmail(dotted)com to sell your La Quinta CA real estate property.